Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Official!


Well it's official, I am registered for my 1st half marathon so no turning back now! I will be running this race April 2nd, which is the day after my 35th birthday!    I am so excited, yet so nervous as I am not really sure what to expect as I have never been a runner!

Before starting my weight loss journey I never would have even considered doing something like this, but through this I have found that I am capable of doing things I never thought were possible.  Yes the impossible has become possible! 

I wanted to set a realistic goal with this being my first race of this caliber, so my goal is to FINISH whether that be I run, walk, crawl, or someone drags me across that finish line-LOL!!!  I know this will be an AWESOME accomplishment and what a great gift to give myself!

I plan on sharing my training process with you along the way, all the ups and downs along the way. Although I need this snow to quickly exit so I can get some serious road time in, the most I have run at this point is a 5K (3.1 miles) but my trainer says I can do it so I totally trust her! I feel like the little engine that could except instead of " I think I can" let's change that to "I KNOW I CAN!"

I found this quote that I thought was perfect:  "In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."



-Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder

No comments:

Post a Comment